Here’s an easy yet delish treat – also what I had for dinner last night and will most likely have again today for lunch…*
Cook Time: 15 min
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can refried low-fat black beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican-style shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole (from the refrigerated section)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- (I like to add corn as well)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Spread the beans (and corn) evenly over the tortilla. Spoon 3/4 cup of salsa over the beans, then sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Place the quesadilla on a foil-covered cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is crisp and brown. Meanwhile, swirl the guacamole and sour cream together in a small bowl. Cut the quesadilla into 4 equal portions and transfer to a plate. Serve with the guacamole mixture and remaining 1/4 cup of salsa.