Spice up your Halloween festivities with these creative, fun and spooky cocktails!
The Voodoo Priestess Adapted from a recipe by Thayer Lund of Forbidden Island, Alameda.
Gremlins Rule A fruity and tropical treat.
Lime Chillers A creepy drink with blood dripping!!!
Spooky Halloween Green Punch A Party Favorite!
Witch’s Brew Punch Sparkling Champagne Makes This Punch Bubble!
1.The Voodoo Priestess
- 1 1/2 ounces Cruzan dark rum
- 1 1/2 ounces VooDoo spiced rum
- 1/2 ounce brandy
- 2 ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Voodoo Priestess Spice Syrup (see Recipe)
- 1 dash orange bitters
Fill a cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice and add all of the ingredients. Shake for approximately 15 seconds and strain into a large, ice-filled goblet.
Voodoo Priestess Spice Syrup
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 cups pure cane sugar
1 cup boiling water
Sift together the pumpkin pie spice and the sugar, add boiling water and stir until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Gremlins Rule
- Margarita mix (Tequila optional) or lemonade (optional)
- 1 each Kiwi, lemon, lime, orange
- Maraschino cherry with stem
1. Serve chilled margarita mix on the rocks and add a splash of grenadine.
2. Skewer a slice of kiwi for the face. Cut a cherry in half and attach with pieces of toothpick for eyes. Slip the skewer into the beverage glass. Add the cherry stem for a smile and twists of lemon, lime, and orange peel for hair.
3. Lime Chillers With Blood Drippings
- 1/4 cup of honey or corn syrup
- 12 drops of red food coloring
- 4 cups of your favorite pineapple juice – It needs to be chilled
- 6 ounces of frozen limeade concentrate
- 3 cups of chilled ginger ale
- 10 Wine Goblets
- Take your honey or corn syrup (whatever it is you are using) and combine it with your red food coloring in a shallow bowl. Mix until is well blended.
- Grab your 10 wine goblets and you are going to dip the rims into the red mixture, one at a time, coating all rims.
- Turn the wine goblets upright and let them stand to allow the red mixture to drip down the sides, resembling blood.
- You may want to place paper towel around the wine goblet’s base to catch the red drips, for easy clean up.
- Now, combine your favorite pineapple juice with your frozen limeade in a punch bowl. Stir until the limeade is dissolves.
- Stir now your chilled ginger ale.
- Fill each wine goblet with your Lime Chiller!
4. Spooky Halloween Green Punch
- Power Lemonade mix enough to make 2 quarts
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon meringue powder
- 2 liters of seltzer water
- Green food coloring , yellow food coloring
- Orange, Lime and Raspberry
You will also need:
- Large bowl
- 12 small clear glasses or wine goblets
- Drip the red decorating gel down the inside of 12 small clear glasses and let them sit 10 minutes or so to dry.
- Combine powdered lemonade mix with sugar and the meringue powder in a large punch bowl.
- Whisking briskly, add seltzer water
- Add 10 drops green food coloring and 4 drops yellow food coloring.
- Add a peeled and sliced orange, a sliced lime and 1 pint raspberries for color.5. Witch’s Brew Punch
- 2 Bottles of Champagne
- 1 Gallon Orange Juice
- 1/2 Gallon Orange Sherbert
- 1 Bunch peeled Black Grapes
- Sugar to taste
- 1 Bottle (2l) Lemon-Lime Soda
- 1/2 Bottle vodka
- Small pieces of Dry Ice (Note: Use caution when handling dry ice – this is only used to add effect and should not be consumed or held for too long – Prolonged exposure to dry ice can cause severe skin damage through frostbite)
- Bunches of Grapes for Garnish
- Mix Champagne and orange juice in large punch bowl, scoop sherbet into bowl until it has produced a nice film over the top.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Float peeled grapes in mixture, and garnish bowl with the rest of the grapes.
- Drop in pieces of dry ice for effect (do not eat dry ice).
- If you want to raise or lower the alcohol content in the punch, add vodka or clear soda.