This year, Aruba showcased some of their top fashion designers in a soiree of runway shows, celebrity cocktail parties, premier DJ events, and styling sessions. Aruba is definitely marketing itself as a chic tropical fashion experience! Earlier this year, I went to Aruba, for the first time, and had an incredible trip. I was able to mingle with some of the fashion leaders in Aruba, who I saw again this month at the first annual Aruba in Style event in association with IMG. You can read my previous post on Aruba here. The blue water and beautiful beaches make for a breathtaking backdrop, while shopping is convenient at the Renaissance Mall, which offers over 60 exclusive international, luxury retailers of women’s and men’s apparel, resort wear, footwear, eyewear, luggage and leather, perfumes, jewelry and accessories, cigars, and books! Still not convinced that Aruba is a great place to visit? Here are 10 more great reasons to visit Arub!
1) With an average rainfall of less than 20 inches a year, an average daytime temperature of 82° F with low humidity, a location away from the path of hurricanes and the constant cooling influence of the trade winds, Aruba is one of the most temperate islands in the Caribbean.
2) Aruba’s people are among the friendliest in the world! A long history of hospitality pervades the local culture, with island residents offering a warm smile and welcome to visitors.
3) Seven miles of white sandy beaches have put Aruba in a class by itself, with many prestigious publications rating our beaches as some of the best in the world.
4) Accommodations on the island range from renowned names in high-rise resorts, with all the amenities, to the more intimate environs of low-rise and boutique hotels. The type of resort experience you choose is up to you!
5) No hassles! Aruba offers a cosmopolitan air and all the comforts of home, while still retaining its small town charm. The island’s quality infrastructure boasts the world’s second largest desalination plant and a top-notch airport, home to U.S. Customs and Immigration services, allowing flights from Aruba to enter the U.S. as domestic flights.
6) Aruba’s “One Cool” programs offer custom-made vacations in areas including family, wedding and honeymoon (you can tie the knot in Aruba as local laws permit visitors to be legally married on island). Visit www.aruba.com for more information.
7) Pristine landscapes and historical sites abound, especially in Arikok National Park, the boundaries of which protect 17% of the island’s landmass.
8) Gourmet adventures await with the island featuring international chefs specializing in several different types of cuisines. Aruba is home to over 100 fine restaurant choices.
9) Aruba is a shoppers paradise. Numerous shops specialize in luxury watches, designer clothing, scents and jewelry.
10) Aruba allows you to do exactly what you want to do. With so many choices, you can pursue your favorite activities or simply luxuriate in doing nothing at all.