The Argonaut in San Francisco is a Four-Diamond boutique hotel built in 1907 from the remnants of the historic Haslett Warehouse. This Argonaut still retains some of the historic features of the old warehouse with walls of exposed brick, Douglas Fir beams and plenty of the seaside character that has been cultivated from years of being so close to the San Francisco Bay.
- Super close to the ocean and plenty of seaside shops and attractions.
- Complimentary hosted evening wine hour (um, awesome)
- Complimentary wireless internet access
- Nautical Decor
- Windows that opened to let in some fresh sea air
- Consistently ranked a top ten San Francisco hotel on TripAdvisor and a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Recipient
- Pet-friendly accommodations
- 100% smoke-free environment
- Parking was somewhere around 50 bucks/night.
- There was construction just outside our window. Very. Early.
Photos below: Ambiance
Fisherman’s Wharf, The Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory, and plenty of restaurants, shops and attractions are just a short walk away from the hotel.
Photos below: The Blue Mermaid Chowder House is located just next store and offers up a selection of microbrew beers and seafood dishes prepared in an “Earth-friendly fashion”.