May you have lots to be grateful for today…
One of the many things that I’m grateful for today is having amazing friends and family. Like my friend Shannon, for example, who invited me over for a home cooked meal that included a perfectly roasted turkey and plenty of equally delicious side dishes like mashed potatoes & gravy, stuffing, corn muffins, freshly baked apple pie and stuffed artichokes – Yum!
Recipe for Stuffed Italian Artichokes after the jump. 🙂
· 3 large artichokes, stemmed, outer leaves removed
· 8 ounces Italian-style breadcrumbs
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
· 4 ounces Parmesan, grated
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves,finely chopped
· ¼ cup chicken broth
· Salt and pepper
· 2 ounces sundried tomato, slivered
· Preheat oven to 350˚F. Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook artichokes for 15 minutes. Remove and drain. Let cool.
· Mix breadcrumbs, basil, Parmesan, oil, garlic, broth, and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
· Using fingers press open one artichoke as widely as possible without breaking and stuff some breadcrumbs in center and among leaves. Repeat with other artichokes. Place artichokes in baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until artichoke hearts are tender when pierced with a knife. Garnish with tomatoes before serving.
This recipe is one of Maria Zoitas’, creator of “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared food sold at Westside Market NYC.