Growing up, my friends and I always had a theory; we’d rather look like a million bucks on a budget than spend a million bucks on fashion. (I digress that this theory has flown out the window on a few occasions) Not that we had a million bucks to spend at the mall, but you get the idea. We always found that it’s our own unique personalities and fashion sensibilities that ultimately make the outfit and whether we spent $10 on a really cool T-shirt or $100, we generally got the same results as long as the fit and fabric were right.
That’s why one of my latest addictions has been Kmart. Kmart has really been doing a great job of providing juniors and women with fashion that covers a wide range of styles, sizes, and personalities. Fashionistas like Sofia Vergara, Selena Gomez, Audrina Patridge, and more have all lent their creative fashion sensibilities to Kmart so that we, the fashionable consumer, can have the clothing we love at prices that won’t leave us scrambling to pay the rent. More…
This time of year, most of us are trying to budget ourselves – we are gifting our friends and family, prepping for the holidays, making plans for the New Year, and re-evaluating our outfit choices for the change of weather and all the holiday parties surrounding the festive season. That being said, it’s the perfect time to take a closer look at Kmart’s fashion selection available at most stores and online.
Back in May, I had the privilege of previewing some of the great collections that are currently being sold at Kmart. I’ve also done quite a bit of shopping there myself over the last few months. I’ve shopped online as well as in store and both experiences were great. Here are some of Kmart’s signature looks, brands, and celebrity influences that caught my attention:
1. Bongo: All Bongo girls have one thing in common: they get noticed. Bongo girls can walk into a room and stop conversation dead in its tracks, or walk across a busy street in their skinny jeans and turn heads. Being a Bongo girl takes attitude, confidence, and that sexy, sassy, California-cool look, known as Bongo. Audrina Patridge is bringing her California spirit back to Bongo for Fall.
2. Sofia Vergara: ‘Work What You Got’ and ‘Work Those Curves’! Sofia has certainly gained celebrity status with her role as Gloria on Modern Family. Her sex appeal is undeniable and showing off her curves seems to come natural for Sofia who loves high heels, glamorous jewelry, and dresses that really fit and flatter the figure. This collection is for the type of woman who is confident and likes to flaunt her fiercely feminine side.
Shop the Sofia Vergara Collection at Kmart
3. Route 66: American Vintage, this collection is definitely fit for the traveling girl who likes bold colors and retro inspired prints! I am loving this collection full of 70’s flare – the perfect blend of bohemian – chic.
Shop the Route 66 Collection on Kmart.
4. Attention: Attention carries it’s name well. The pieces in this line are modern, sleek, and sexy while remaining classy and cool. I personally own several items from Attention and get compliments almost every time I wear them. Many of the dresses I own from Attention are made from form flattering fabrics that travel well and don’t wrinkle. Attention puts a “stylish twist on modern, everyday fashion”.
Shop for Attention on Kmart.
5. Selena Gomez’s Dream Out Loud Collection is fun and flirty. Selena has put together a line that is youthful and edgy and all very affordable.