10 Ways To Wake Up Energized!
This summer, make the most of your days by feeling awake and energized!
While exercising is a great way to stay in shape and increase your energy levels, there are plenty of other ways to add some extra pizzazz to your day as well.
Here are Ten helpful tips to help you get the most energy out of your day:
1. Drink water in the morning to stay hydrated. Dehydration is the leading cause of fatigue and after a long night of rest, it’s best to rehydrate by drinking at least 8oz of water.
2. Say thanks! When you first wake up, make it a habit to think of three things that you are grateful for. Happy thoughts will get you off on the right foot and help you feel more alive and rejuvenated!
3. Upgrade your bedding. A good pillow, blanket and mattress go a long way in ensuring a good night’s rest. Avoid energy draining aches and pains and restless nights by making sure you have comfy blankets, sheets, and pillows. Also, if your budget allows, consider a new mattress if your has been around for awhile. For tips on how to pick a mattress, visit ChooseAMattress.com.
4. Invest in comfy PJs! You’ll sleep better if you’re dressed in comfy sleepwear. Try satin or super soft cotton that is light and soft to the touch. You’ll want to nestle up and sleep deeper. Also, if you sleep next to a special someone, they’ll be more tempted to snuggle up if you’re wearing something sexy and soft!
Read More After The Jump…
5. Spritz your pillow. Try a scent like lavender or vanilla and you’ll find that you’ll breathe deeper; A huge plus when trying to fall asleep!A light spritz will do. Too much and you’ll be sneezing or worse, you might get a headache!
6. Brush your teeth with a strong minty toothpaste. The aroma of mint naturally increases alertness – a nice bonus in the morning!
7. Splash some cool water on your face. This will definitely help you feel energized and keep your skin looking vibrant and fresh!
8. Fall asleep to soothing sounds. Whether it’s classical music or the sound of the ocean, it has been proven that we sleep better and deeper when we drift off to sleep to soothing sounds. Set your musical device to turn off after 45 minutes or so and focus or meditate on the sound until you fall asleep, clearing your head of any negative energy.
9. Wake up to soothing sounds as well! I love setting my alarm clock to the sound of chirping birds that increasingly gets louder over the period of a few minutes. There is nothing more jarring (and energy draining) than waking up to a blaring alarm clock after being in a deep sleep!
10. Let in the light! While you might be tempted to draw the curtains before falling asleep, try leaving just enough of an opening to let in the natural sunlight in the morning. Our bodies were created to wake up as the sun comes up so it’s only natural that we would feel more energized and ready to embrace the day in a room brightened by the sun!
My ‘chirping birds’ alarm clock was originally a feature on my old phone. Then I was given one as a gift for Christmas a few years ago. I can not seem to find that particular alarm clock online, but I did find a few on Amazon which I posted above. While I haven’t tried these particular clocks, there are plenty of reviews for you to look through and decide if you think it would work for you. One of the alarm clocks (The Peaceful Progression) has many features including multiple soothing sounds, aromatherapy, and a natural daylight option. The biggest complaint that I read online about this particular model was that many people felt that the scent was too strong. My guess is that you can prob opt not to use that feature. Hope this helps!