Cooking with Bethenny Frankel: Molten Chocolate Cupcakes
Posted by Kristen Colapinto on October 5th, 2010
These yummy cupcakes are wheat, egg and dairy-free, but still taste very decadent.
Makes 6 servings.
Real Housewife of New York City, Bethenny Frankel attended the Natural Gourmet Culinary Institute in New York to become a chef.
After she graduated, she formed BethennyBakes, a company that provided wheat-, egg-, and dairy-free baked goods, meals for private clients, and a custom-meal delivery service.
This yummy recipe is one of her creations:
- 1 1/2 C oat flour (or wheat flour)
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. silken tofu
- 3/4 C soy milk
- 3/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- Confectioners sugar for decoration
- 1 bar of dairy-free chocolate (or dairy-free chocolate chips)
- Sift first five dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt) together.
- Blend wet ingredients (tofu, soy milk, maple syrup, canola oil, vanilla extract, and lemon juice) in blender.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients with whisk in bowl, and slowly add the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes (when toothpick comes out clean) in greased, straight-edged muffin tins.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
You can leave a response
, or trackback
from your own site.